The University of Virginia Licensing Office will help individuals, companies, departments and organizations in securing the proper licensing agreement with CLC. The University of Virginia Licensing Office administers limited use agreements for the use of UVA incidia for specific commercial purposes only.
All other agreements are administered by the Collegiate Licensing Company and fall into one of three categories: Standard, Local, and Restricted.
- For production of merchandise bearing the University’s indicia to be sold by an individual or company with established marketing and retail distribution.
- Annual advance fee required; royalties paid on final invoice price.
- Artwork must be submitted via iCLC.
- For local companies and/or individuals.
- Confined to in-state companies that intend to make products for resale.
- Short form application
- Annual advance fees required; royalties paid on final invoice price.
- Artwork must be submitted via iCLC
- License is for internal suppliers/internal consumption only.
- Exempt from reporting royalties
- Advance fee waived
- Must still complete the Art Approval/Royalty Waiver form.
- Artwork submitted directly to the licensing department.